Wednesday, March 4, 2009

darkness and Light

I have been thinking quite a bit lately about the contrast between darkness and light. As a young girl, I loved the way the light of the sun would filter through the trees and dapple the ground; it would delight my eyes and my sense of play. I remember trying to catch the little moving fragments of light dancing on the grass, pouncing on them and laughing when the light could not be caught, but would simply jump onto the back of my hand!

Even now, one of my simplest of pleasures is seeing the light of the sun, streaming in through my window and completely changing the look and feel of my home.
Of course, one thing that light does is reveal those things that have been hidden! Yes, darkness is darkness, but add a little light and everything changes.
Jesus has said that He is the True Light...the True Light that came into a dark world, so that everyone who believes in Him will not remain in darkness. When someone has been in the dark for a while, their eyes become accustomed to it; and they begin to find various ways to navigate their way around. Thing is, no matter how good they have become, living in the dark...they are still in the dark. It is not until the Light shines that the extent of that darkness is revealed.
As a little girl, it never crossed my mind that one day, I would have an encounter with the True Light. Yet, this Light of the Son was not elusive like the dappling fragments of light on a summers day that filtered through the trees; this Light came and called me His own.
Yes, darkness is indeed darkness....but add a little Light, and everything changes.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo!!
    You should see your beautiful blogspot on my Mac screen. It is amazing. You did it!!! The soft colors and your picture are lovely together. I wouldn't change a thing.
    I am adding you to my favorites and will look forward to words of pure grace as often as you write them.
    Let the Son shine.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete